Welcome to YMCA Trinity Group
We are a local charity, with over 500 staff and volunteers, that has been at the heart of community transformation in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire and Suffolk since 1852. Above all, our focus has always been on building proactive and sustainable communities with an emphasis on supporting Young People and helping them to realise their full potential on their journey from dependence to independence.
The Cresset Limited is a trading subsidiary of the charity. Opened in 1978 and merged with YMCA in 2014, it remains a true community hub, with profits generated from its wide range of commercial activities being transferred by annual Gift Aid to the charity. The Cresset occupies a 2.5 acre site at the heart of Bretton in Peterborough with its mission to be a supportive, inclusive community hub where people can connect, celebrate and play a part.
We work with individuals and families to build better futures through our extensive range of programmes and interventions. This includes Accommodation, Childcare, Health & Fitness, Youth Projects, Youth Justice Services, Mental Health Counselling, Employability Programmes, Volunteering and much more.
Our services provide opportunities for all young people, whether they’re facing difficult and challenging issues or simply looking for a new direction. We deliver our programmes across the whole of Suffolk and Cambridgeshire, with key local provision across the region.
We’re proud to be part of a global family, operating in over 140 countries, forming the world’s oldest and largest youth charity.
YMCA Trinity Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Please note YMCA Trinity Group does not have a sponsored Licence to recruit non-UK workers and therefore all candidates are expected to be able to work in the UK.
YMCA Trinity Group believe that Diversity & Equality is not something that can be done passively but something we strive to do actively. Therefore, we welcome applications from all.
What we do
YMCA Trinity Group provide services across the following five core areas:
Support and Advice
We are there for every young person in the community, supporting them and their families through difficult times.Find out more
YMCA is the largest provider of safe, supported accommodation for young people in England and Wales.Find out more
Across YMCA Trinity Group we offer a range of support to families providing places for 238 children on a daily basis.Find out more
Health and Wellbeing
It is our aim to create vibrant community gyms and classes which are accessible to everyone.Find out more
Training and Education
Helping young people gain the confidence to make decisions about their own lives is an important part of our work.Find out more
Our Brilliant Benefits
- Opportunities to engage with the national and international YMCA movement
- Commitment to Continued Professional Development as part of an Investors in People Silver organisation
- Apprenticeship training at any level
- Leadership Development Programme for line managers and aspiring leaders
- Coaching by Senior Managers
- Life Assurance Scheme (which pays out 4 x your salary) – contracted hours staff only
- Automatic enrolment to a contributory pension package – NEST - contracted hours staff only
- Length of service monetary rewards – contracted hours staff only
Health & Wellbeing
- Free on-site gym membership at Cambridge, Peterborough - contracted hours staff only
- Employee Assistance Programmes, including My Health Assured APP
- Commitment to work life balance
- 20% discount on YMCA Childcare provisions such as nursery, pre-school and holiday programme sessions.
- Entry Annual Leave: 25 days + Bank Holiday allowance
- Managers: 27 days + Bank Holiday allowance
- Paid day off for your Birthday - contracted staff only
- Expenses paid for all additional mileage at 45p per mile
- Access to a Pool Car at some sites
- Free onsite parking at some locations
Our Vision and Values
YMCA Trinity Group strives to create a fulfilling and enjoyable place to work; we know how staff & volunteers feel directly translates to the quality of service & care we give our clients, and we also recognise the crucial role each and every one of us plays in helping to fulfil our Mission.
By providing Corporate values – those core beliefs through which we deliver our work – and by describing those behaviours, attitudes and conduct we expect of our staff volunteers and each other, we can make YMCA Trinity Group an effective, positive and collaborative place to work.
More work with more Young People, in more places.
“More work”: more work hours, that are more impactful, with a greater variety of service types.
“More Young People”: places young people at the focus of our work, not that we work with them exclusively, but rather the work we do benefits them directly or indirectly.
Inspiring communities, transforming young lives
Our values are:
- We believe in Potential – Yours
- We inspire - you to have a vision for your life
- We respect - everyone’s personal journey
- We act with integrity - we are honest and have strong moral principles
Find out what our staff has to say about working at YMCA:
Accommodation Administrator in Peterborough
I’ve been employed as an Accommodation Administrator at YMCA Time Stop in Peterborough for over 2 years now. The role is varied, no day is the same which is why I enjoy it so much.
My working life here is different to anywhere I have worked before. I work alongside the Project Workers and the Accommodation Manager. I feel a sense of belonging here with its difference and uniqueness.
I can be “me” and express my feelings too which is a position I have never been in before throughout my long and varied career.
Can’t find the role for you?
Register your CV here and if a role becomes available that suits your skills and experience, we will be in touch